Out of Network Information
At Dakota Eye Institute, our mission is to provide excellent care, quality products and extraordinary service to our patients. Unfortunately, some vision insurance companies have placed limitations on their policies that, we feel, significantly compromise the level of care and quality of products we are able to offer.
As of February 4, 2023, Dakota Eye Institute will no longer be contracted with Superior Vision, Avesis, Optilegra, and the First Look Vision Network (Unum, Always-Care, Colonial, Starmount) as an in-network provider.
We value you as a patient and hope you will continue to choose Dakota Eye Institute, an independent community practice, for your eye care needs. It’s a privilege to serve you, and we appreciate your support and loyalty as we make these changes. Please don’t hesitate to call with any questions you may have.
What this means for you
- You can continue to receive the quality of care and products you’ve come to expect at Dakota Eye
- Your insurance plan will reimburse you directly for a portion of your exam, glasses and/or contact lenses as your policy dictates. We’ll do everything we can to make this easy for you, including submitting the claim for you. Most, but not all, insurers allow us to submit the claim on your behalf.
- We will offer a discount on your exam if we are out of network with your insurance provider.
- Many patients will be unaffected by this change, including patients with benefits through their medical insurance.
- We will continue to accept payment through Flex Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and from the many medical insurance companies we participate with.
- If you have medical concerns like diabetes or are dealing with cataracts, dry eyes, ocular allergies, floaters to name a few, you can be seen and have your visit billed appropriately under your medical insurance.