Aaron Fortney, M.D.
Dr. Aaron Fortney is a Bismarck native. He received an undergraduate degree from the University of Mary in 1995 and a medical degree from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine in 1999. Dr. Fortney joined Dakota Eye Institute in 2003 after spending three years at the Dean A. McGee Eye Institute at the University of Oklahoma.
Dr. Fortney and his wife have two children. He enjoys spending time with his family at the lake, snow skiing, hunting and fishing.
ASSOCIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Christian Ophthalmology Society
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- North Dakota Medical Association and Sixth District Medical Society
- North Dakota Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons (president in 2010-2011)
SPECIAL INTEREST IN:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Eyelid Surgery
- Macular Degeneration